The BioBrick® Assembly method is part of the BioBrick synthetic biology approach, in which a bioengineering focus has been applied to building novel biological systems. In this approach, DNA fragments encoding proteins, promoters, ribosome binding sites, etc., have been standardized and are contained in a "parts" registry of plasmids with identical restriction sites flanking the "payload" of the part. By employing standardized flanking sites that are not contained within the coding sequence of the part, they can be ligated in any order to create a novel "device". By choosing restriction sites with compatible ends that destroy the recognition site when ligated to one another, parts can be combined together and the original flanking sites re-used for the next round of assembly. Despite the limitations of introducing a sequence scar for every ligation event and the multiple rounds of assembly required to fabricate a device, a wide assortment of exciting systems have been designed and built.
- Digestion Protocol for BioBrick Assembly Kit (E0546)
- Ligation Protocol with T4 DNA Ligase (M0202)
- Ligation Protocol using BioBrick Assembly Kit® (E0546)
- Optimizing Restriction Endonuclease Reactions
- Double Digest Protocol with Standard Restriction Enzymes
- Protocol for Digestion Prior to droplet digital PCR (ddPCR)
- Protocol for Direct Digestion of gDNA during droplet digital PCR (ddPCR)
Restriction Endonucleases: Molecular Cloning and Beyond
- Molecular Cloning Technical Guide
- Troubleshooting Guide for Cloning
This product is covered by one or more patents, trademarks and/or copyrights owned or controlled by New England Biolabs, Inc (NEB).
While NEB develops and validates its products for various applications, the use of this product may require the buyer to obtain additional third party intellectual property rights for certain applications.
For more information about commercial rights, please contact NEB's Global Business Development team at [email protected].
This product is intended for research purposes only. This product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.