The NEBExpress® Cell-free E. coli Protein Synthesis System is an extract-based transcription/translation system derived from E. coli cells that have been engineered for high in vitro synthesis performance. It is designed to synthesize proteins ranging in size from 17-230 kDa in just 2-4 hours under the control of T7 RNA Polymerase.
- Synthesize high yields of protein (typically 0.5 mg/ml)
- Protein can be synthesized and visualized in approximately 2 - 4 hours
- Synthesize various target proteins ranging from 17 to 230 kDa
- Templates can be plasmid DNA, linear DNA or mRNA
- Minimal protease activity ensures stability of desired target protein
- RNase contamination can be inhibited by the supplied RNase inhibitor, eliminating clean-up steps
- Protein can be isolated with affinity purification or subject to direct functional analysis
- Reactions can be directly loaded onto an SDS-PAGE gel without the need for acetone or TCA precipitation
- Flexible reaction conditions achieve maximum yield; protein synthesis can be sustained for 10 hours at 37°C or up to 24 hours at lower temperatures
- Reactions can be miniaturized or scaled up
- Compatible with the PURExpress Disulfide Bond Enhancer (NEB #E6820) and NEBExpress GamS Nuclease Inhibitor (NEB #P0774)
- What is the difference between NEBExpress® Cell-free E. coli Protein Synthesis System and the PURExpress In Vitro Protein Synthesis Kit?
- Are the yields with NEBExpress® Cell-free E. coli Protein Synthesis System comparable with the PURExpress In Vitro Protein Synthesis Kit?
- Based on my application, should I use the NEBExpress® Cell-free E. coli Protein Synthesis System (NEB #E5360) or the PURExpress® In Vitro Protein Synthesis Kit (NEB #E6800)?
The Future of Cell-Free Protein Synthesis
Cell-free protein synthesis has the potential to become one of the most important high throughput technologies for functional genomics and proteomics.
- Protein Expression & Purification Brochure
- Purification Beads, Columns and Resins Brochure
- PURExpress® vs. NEBExpress® Application Chart
- Protein Expression and Purification Selection Chart
This product is covered by one or more patents, trademarks and/or copyrights owned or controlled by New England Biolabs, Inc (NEB).
While NEB develops and validates its products for various applications, the use of this product may require the buyer to obtain additional third party intellectual property rights for certain applications.
For more information about commercial rights, please email us at [email protected].
This product is intended for research purposes only. This product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Watch this tutorial explaining the streamlined workflow for our new NEBExpress® Cell-free Protein Synthesis System to learn how you can easily synthesize your protein in as little as 2 to 4 hours.
This webinar discusses the fundamental workflows and advantages of cell-free (in vitro) protein synthesis versus traditional cellular expression methods.