- View sequence details
- pBR322 DNA is a commonly used plasmid cloning vector in E. coli (1).
- The molecule is a double-stranded circle 4,361* base pairs in length (2).
- pBR322 contains the genes for resistance to ampicillin and tetracycline, and can be amplified with chloramphenicol.
- The molecular weight is 2.83 x 106 daltons.
*Sequencing data from Watson (confirmed at New England Biolabs, Inc.) has shown pBR322 to be 4,361 base pairs, not 4,363 base pairs as previously reported.
Traditional Cloning Workflow
Product SourcepBR322 is isolated from E. coli ER2686 (dam +dcm + EcoK M-) by a standard plasmid purification procedure.
- Product Categories:
- DNA Plasmids & Substrates Products
- Protocols, Manuals & Usage
- Tools & Resources
- FAQs & Troubleshooting
- Quality, Safety & Legal
Ineligible item added to cart
Based on your Freezer Program type, you are trying to add a product to your cart that is either not allowed or not allowed with the existing contents of your cart. Please review and update your order accordingly If you have any questions, please contact Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-632-5227 x 8.