pGLuc Mini-TK 2 Vector
- This product was discontinued on January 01, 2017
pGLuc Mini-TK 2 is a cloning vector for mammalian cells, containing a minimal promoter fragment from the HSV thymidine kinase (TK) promoter adjacent to a reporter gene, the secreted luciferase from the copepod Gaussia princeps. Gaussia Luciferase (GLuc) is a 19 kDa protein encoded by a "humanized" sequence, and it contains a native signal peptide at the N-terminus that allows it to be secreted from mammalian cells into the cell culture medium (1,2). The pGLuc Mini-TK 2 Vector contains a multiple cloning site (MCS) upstream of the minimal TK promoter for cloning promoter or enhancer elements. A neomycin resistance gene under the control of the SV40 promoter allows selection for stable integration of the plasmid into the mammalian cell genome using G418.
- Polylinker MCS: 12–68
- Minimal promoter from Herpes simplex virus Thymidine Kinase (Mini-TK): 69–131
- GLuc coding: 146–703
- Start codon: 146–148
- Stop codon: 701–703 • Signal peptide: 146–196 • Synthetic poly-A site: 712–760
- Neo promoter (SV40): 1346-1681
- Neomycin resistance gene: 1733-2527
- Bacterial replication ori (pMB1): 3861-3273
- Amp resistance: 4892-4032
- All pGLuc-2 vectors have improved polyadenylation- transcription termination of the luciferase transcript. The polyadenylation signal is a synthetic polyadenylation sequence based on the b-globin gene (5).
Product SourceIsolated from E. coli strain NEB 10-beta by a standard DNA purification procedure.
- Product Categories:
- Discontinued Products
- FAQs & Tech Tips
- Protocols & Manuals
- Other Tools & Resources
- Quality & Safety
- Legal Information
Ineligible item added to cart
Based on your Freezer Program type, you are trying to add a product to your cart that is either not allowed or not allowed with the existing contents of your cart. Please review and update your order accordingly If you have any questions, please contact Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-632-5227 x 8.