The Monarch PCR & DNA Cleanup Kit reliably purifies up to 5 µg of concentrated, high quality DNA from PCR and other enzymatic reactions. It utilizes a bind/wash/elute workflow with minimal incubation and spin times. The columns provided with each kit ensure zero buffer retention and no carryover of contaminants, enabling elution in volumes as low as 6 µl. Monarch Buffers have been optimized, and do not require pH monitoring. Eluted DNA is ready for use in restriction digests, DNA sequencing, PCR, ligation, and other enzymatic manipulations.
Monarch PCR & DNA Cleanup Kits provide fast and reliable purification, reduced hands-on time and elution in low volumes
- What is the composition of each buffer provided with the Monarch PCR & DNA Cleanup Kit (5 μg)?
- What size of DNA can be purified with the Monarch DNA Cleanup Columns?
- What size primers can be effectively removed from a PCR reaction?
- Can the Monarch PCR & DNA Cleanup Kit (5 μg) be used to purify RNA?
- After purification, I see a faint additional band running below the expected size on a gel. What happened?
- Are the columns in the Monarch PCR & DNA Cleanup Kit (5 μg) the same as the ones in the Monarch DNA Gel Extraction Kit?
- What factors affect my (A260/A230)?
- Do you have any recommendations for purification of ssDNA?
- What is the smallest volume of elution buffer that can be used with the Monarch DNA Cleanup Column?
- Can I use the Monarch DNA & PCR Cleanup Kit to purify oligonucleotides and other short DNA fragments?
- What is the maximum binding capacity of the Monarch DNA Cleanup Column provided with the Monarch PCR & DNA Cleanup Kit (5 μg)?
- Are Monarch spin columns compatible with Vacuum Manifolds?
- Can I use water to elute the DNA when using the Monarch Kits?
- Quick Protocol for DNA Cleanup and Concentration Using the Monarch® PCR & DNA Cleanup Kit (5 μg) (NEB #T1030)
- Protocol for DNA Cleanup and Concentration Using the Monarch® PCR & DNA Cleanup Kit (5 μg) (NEB #T1030)
- Quick Protocol for Oligonucleotide Cleanup Using the Monarch® PCR & DNA Cleanup Kit (5 μg) (NEB #T1030)
- Oligonucleotide Cleanup Using Monarch® PCR & DNA Cleanup Kit (5 μg) Protocol (NEB #T1030)
Monarch Nucleic Acid Purification Brochure
It’s time to transform your DNA and RNA purification experience! Learn about the advantages of choosing Monarch Nucleic Acid Purification Kits from NEB.
- Troubleshooting Guide for DNA Cleanup and Plasmid Purification
- Back to basics: Important things to keep in mind when purifying plasmids and DNA fragments
- Tips for the Monarch PCR & DNA Cleanup Kit
- Elute in as little as 6 μl
- Prevent buffer retention and salt carryover with optimized column design
- Save time with fast, user-friendly protocols
- No need to monitor pH
- Buffers and columns available separately
- Significantly less plastic used when compared with other kits
- Responsibly-sourced and recyclable packaging
- Binding Capacity: up to 5 μg
- DNA Size Range:
~50 bp to 25 kb
DNA ≥ 15 bp to 25 kb (dsDNA) and DNA ≥ 18 nt to 10 kb (ssDNA) can also be purified using the Oligonucleotide Cleanup Protocol.
- Typical Recovery:
DNA (50 bp to 10 kb): 70–90%
DNA (11–25 kb): 50–70%
ssDNA ≥ 18 nt and dsDNA ≥ 15 bp: 70-85%
- Elution Volume: ≥ 6 μl
- Purity: A260/280 ≥ 1.8
- Protocol Time: 5 min of spin and incubation time
- Compatible Downstream Applications: ligation, restriction digestion, labeling and other enzymatic manipulations, library construction and DNA sequencing
Learn how to isolate DNA from your enzymatic reactions, including PCR, using the Monarch PCR & DNA Cleanup Kit (5 µg).
Optimize your DNA isolation from PCR and other enzymatic reactions with our quick tips for using the Monarch PCR & DNA Cleanup Kit.
Learn how you can easily recycle all of the components in your Monarch Kits.