An optimized blend of Taq and Deep VentR™ DNA polymerases, OneTaq® and OneTaq® Hot Start DNA Polymerases offer robust amplification across a wide range of templates. The 3′–5′ exonuclease activity of Deep Vent DNA Polymerase increases the fidelity and robustness of Taq, and the hot start formulation combines convenience with decreased interference from primer dimers and secondary products. Additionally, OneTaq Reaction Buffers and High GC Enhancer have been formulated for robust yields with minimal optimization, regardless of a template's GC content. Both polymerases are available in master mix and Quick-Load® master mix formats.
In contrast to chemically modified or antibody-based hot start polymerases, NEB's OneTaq Hot Start utilizes aptamer technology. This unique modified oligonucelotide binds to the polymerase through non-covalent interactions, blocking polymerase activity at temperatures below 45°C. The polymerase is activated during normal cycling conditions, allowing reactions to be set up at room temperature.
OneTaq Quick-Load DNA Polymerase
For direct and fast agarose gel loading after routine PCR, such as genotyping and colony PCR, OneTaq Quick-Load DNA Polymerase is available. The product is supplied with a green 5X OneTaq Quick Load Reaction Buffer in addition to the colorless 5X OneTaq Reaction Buffer.
- OneTaq® Quick-Load® 2X Master Mix with GC Buffer (M0487)
- Protocol for OneTaq Hot Start Quick-Load 2X Master Mix with Standard Buffer (M0488)
- Protocol for OneTaq® 2X Master Mix with Standard Buffer (M0482)
- Protocol for OneTaq Hot Start Quick-Load 2X Master Mix with GC Buffer
- Protocol for OneTaq Hot Start DNA Polymerase (M0481)
- Protocol for OneTaq® Quick-Load 2X Master Mix with Standard Buffer (M0486)
- Protocol for OneTaq Hot Start 2X Master Mix with GC Buffer (M0485)
- Protocol for OneTaq Hot Start 2X Master Mix with Standard Buffer (M0484)
- A-Tailing with Taq Polymerase
- PCR Protocol for OneTaq® DNA Polymerase (M0480)
- Protocol for OneTaq 2X Master Mix with GC Buffer (M0483)
- PCR Protocol for Taq DNA Polymerase
- Guidelines for PCR Optimization with OneTaq® and OneTaq® Hot Start DNA Polymerases
- Exceptional performance in endpoint PCR across a wide range of template
- Robust yields with minimal optimization
- Convenient product formats (stand-alone enzyme, master mixes, and Quick-Load® formats)
- Hot start version allows room temperature reaction setup and does not require a separate activation step
- Compatible with standard Taq protocols
- High sensitivity PCR
- High throughput PCR
- Routine PCR
- GC-rich PCR
- AT-rich PCR
- Primer extension
- Colony PCR
- Long PCR (up to ~6 kb genomic)
Template/product specificity: Is RNA or DNA involved? Is the 3´ terminus at a gap, nick or at the end of the template?
Removal of existing nucleotides: Will the nucleotide(s) be removed from the existing polynucleotide chain as part of the protocol? If so, will they be removed from the 5´ or the 3´ end?
Thermal stability: Does the polymerase need to survive incubation at high temperature or is heat inactivation desirable?
Fidelity: Will subsequent sequence analysis or expression depend on the fidelity of the synthesized products?
While NEB develops and validates its products for various applications, the use of this product may require the buyer to obtain additional third party intellectual property rights for certain applications.
For more information about commercial rights, please contact NEB's Global Business Development team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This product is intended for research purposes only. This product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Looking for tips on dealing with GC-bias in DNA amplification? NEB scientists have the expertise you need!
Make sure you're using the optimal polymerase for your DNA amplifications. Get tips on choosing the right DNA Polymerase for your application.