NEB’s portfolio of protein expression products includes a wide variety of tools, included our new NEBExpress® portfolio, and is supported by access to scientists with over 40 years of experience in developing and using recombinant protein technologies in E. coli. We use these solutions in our own research and manufacturing processes, and know that quality and performance are critical – all of our products are stringently tested so that you can be sure they will work optimally for your solution, just as we rely on them to work in ours. Protein Expression at NEB
- Quick Start Protocol for NEBExpress® Cell-free E. coli Protein Synthesis System
- Protein Synthesis Reaction using PURExpress (E6800)
- NEBExpress MBP Fusion and Purification System Quick Start Protocol (NEB #E8201)
- Simplified Expression and Purification Protocol (E6901)
- Protein Expression using the K. lactis Protein Expression Kit - Simultaneous Expression of Multiple Proteins
- Transformation of SHuffle® Competent Cell Strains
- E coli Lemo21 DE3 A T7 RNA Polymerase-based protein overexpression platform for routine and difficult targets
- Co-expression of Multiple Proteins in Kluyveromyces lactis
- Protein Expression with T7 Express Strains
- Use of the PURExpress® in vitro Protein Synthesis Kit, Disulfide Bond Enhancer and SHuffle® Competent E. coli for heterologous in vitro and in vivo cellulase expression.
- Using the PURExpress® In Vitro Protein Synthesis Kit for Heterologous In Vitro Expression and Functional Screening of FMN-dependent Oxidoreductase Variants
- NEBExpress® Cell-free E. coli Protein Synthesis System
Avoid Common Obstacles in Protein Expression
Read how to avoid common obstacles in protein expression that prevent interactions with cellular machinery.
The Future of Cell-Free Protein Synthesis
Cell-free protein synthesis has the potential to become one of the most important high throughput technologies for functional genomics and proteomics.
Why Choose the K. lactis Protein Expression Kit?
Review the advantages of the K. lactis Protein Expression Kit for rapid, high yield protein expression in yeast.
- Competent Cell Brochure
- Protein Expression & Purification Brochure
- Purification Beads, Columns and Resins Brochure
- Competent Cell Product Comparison
- IMPACT™ Vectors and Applications
- Protein Expression and Purification Selection Chart
- NiCo21(DE3): A BL21(DE3) Derivative Designed for Expression and Purification of His-tagged Recombinant Protein (2015)
- Development of a Rapid Method for Genome Engineering in a Quest Towards Customized Protein Expression Strains (2015)
- Discovering the Maltose Binding Protein epitope tag for Escherichia coli expressed proteins (2018)
- Selection for proteins that overcome heatinduced lethality of ΔdegP strain (2018)
- An E.coli Cell Lysate Based System for in vitro Protein Synthesis
- Bhat, R. K. and Berger, S. (2007) New and easy strategy for cloning, expression, purification, and characterization of the 5S subunit of transcarboxylase from Propionibacterium f. shermanii Prep Biochem Biotechnol; 37, 13-26. PubMedID: 17134979
This product is covered by one or more patents, trademarks and/or copyrights owned or controlled by New England Biolabs, Inc (NEB).
While NEB develops and validates its products for various applications, the use of this product may require the buyer to obtain additional third party intellectual property rights for certain applications.
For more information about commercial rights, please email us at [email protected].
This product is intended for research purposes only. This product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Cell-free protein expression enables the synthesis of a wide variety of proteins in just a few hours, and can be used in a variety of applications, including protein engineering, expression of toxic proteins and diagnostic assays.
NEB has a long history in recombinant protein expression and has developed a wide array of solutions for proteins that are difficult to express.