Monarch® RNA Cleanup Kit (500 μg)
The Monarch RNA Cleanup Kit (500 µg) enables fast and simple purification and concentration of up to 500 µg of RNA from in vitro transcription (IVT) and other enzymatic reactions.
- Ideal for purification of synthesized RNA following high-yield in vitro transcription reactions (alternative to MEGAclear™)
- Optimized for the cleanup of RNA after enzymatic treatments including DNase I, Proteinase K, labeling and capping
- Efficiently purify RNA ≥ 25 nt (a simple modification enables purification of RNA ≥ 15 nt)
- Elute in ≥ 50 µl for concentrated RNA 70-100% RNA recovery
- Unique column design prevents buffer carryover and elution of silica particulates
- Simplified workflow with a single wash buffer
- Columns and buffers are available separately
- Purified RNA is ready for use in a wide variety of downstream applications, including microinjection and transfection.
Learn more about Monarch DNA and RNA purification products
Monarch® RNA Cleanup Protocol
The Monarch RNA Cleanup Kit (500 µg) reliably purifies up to 500 μg of concentrated, high-quality RNA (> 25 nt) from enzymatic reactions and in vitro transcription (IVT) reactions. The kit utilizes a bind/wash/elute workflow with minimal incubation and spin times. The columns ensure zero buffer retention and no carryover of contaminants, enabling elution of sample in volumes as low as 50 μl. Unwanted NTPs and short RNA fragments are removed, ensuring highly pure RNA transcripts following IVT/RNA synthesis. Eluted RNA is ready for use in a variety of downstream applications including RT-PCR, RNA Library Prep for NGS and RNA labelling. The protocol can also be modified to enable the purification of smaller RNA fragments (≥ 15 nt).
Designed with sustainability in mind, Monarch kits use significantly less plastic and responsibly-sourced, recyclable packaging.
Specifications and Applications:
SPECIFICATIONS RNA Sample Type Cleanup of RNA from large-scale in vitro transcription reactions Binding Capacity 500 µg RNA Size Range ≥ 25 nt ( ≥ 15 nt with modified protocol) Typical Recovery 70–100% Elution Volume 50–100 µl Purity A260/280 > 1.8 and A260/230 > 1.8 Protocol Time 10–15 minutes of spin and incubation time Compatible Downstream Applications RNA Labeling, RNAi, Microinjections, RT-PCR, RNA library prep for NGS, transfection
APPLICATIONS RNA Cleanup and Concentration (including from the TRIzol aqueous phase) RNA purified by other methods can be further purified Enzymatic Reaction Cleanup Enzymes such as RNA polymerases, DNase I, Proteinase K and phosphatases are removed allowing efficient desalting In vitro Transcription Cleanup Enzymes and excess NTPs are removed to yield highly pure synthesized RNA RNA Gel Extraction Purification of RNA from agarose gels RNA Fractionation Fractionation of RNA into small and large RNA pools
The following reagents are supplied with this product:
Store at (°C) Concentration Nuclease-free Water 25 Monarch® Collection Tubes II 25 Monarch® RNA Cleanup Binding Buffer Monarch® RNA Cleanup Wash Buffer Monarch® RNA Cleanup Columns (500 μg)
- Product Categories:
- RNA Reagents Products,
- RNA Cleanup Products,
- RNA Extraction & Purification Products ,
- Nucleic Acid Purification Products
- Protocols, Manuals & Usage
- FAQs & Troubleshooting
- Quality, Safety & Legal
Monarch® RNA Cleanup Protocol
Tips for successful RNA Cleanup using the Monarch® RNA Cleanup Kits
Avoiding RNase Contamination
How to recycle your Monarch Kit components
Ineligible item added to cart
Based on your Freezer Program type, you are trying to add a product to your cart that is either not allowed or not allowed with the existing contents of your cart. Please review and update your order accordingly If you have any questions, please contact Customer Service at email@example.com or 1-800-632-5227 x 8.